WHERE AND WHEN WE MEET
Join us for our weekly Sunday Gathering located in the lower level
of Crossway Community Church from 5pm-6:30 with a meal afterwards
6400 Prosperity Church Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269
4001 Stough Rd
Concord, NC 28027
Every Sunday, 10am
We meet all throughout the week as missional communities, and gather collectively for a weekly gathering in the downstairs meeting room of Crossway Church at 6400 Prosperity Church Rd. Charlotte, NC 28269. Please use the side door
Our worship service will start at 5pm, and last about 1.5 hours. After every service, we enjoy each other’s fellowship over a meal, so please bring your appetite and stay awhile. Our dress is casual, so come as you are. We are a family integrated church, which means that we value and love having our children with us during the worship service.
Three main ways our members are encouraged to gather, but not limited to are:
- Weekly Great Commission Groups (GCGs)- We gather in each other’s homes and communities to share a meal together and discuss God’s work in our lives. We will intentionally invite and try to reach our neighbors and those far from Jesus to be witnesses of lives impacted by the Gospel. We plan on regularly multiplying these groups in an effort to make the name of Jesus known throughout our city and communities. (John 13:34-35) (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Weekly Worship Gathering- Corporately converging to celebrate our Lord Jesus through song, prayer, preaching and enjoying the Lord’s supper. (Hebrews 10:24-25) (Acts 2:42)
- Bi-Weekly Men’s and Women’s Discipleship/Accountability Groups- The men and women of respective GCG’s meet to help each other study God’s Word and pursue Biblical obedience. Our primary intent is for all to live a life pleasing to God. (Proverbs 27:17) (2 Timothy 2:2) (Matthew 4:19-20)
Pastor Brian Ottinger
By the grace of God, I was saved from my sins when I was 32. Having tasted and seen how good God is, I devoted myself to tell others of my wonderful Lord Jesus. In addition to knowing Christ, I am also blessed to have a beautiful and caring wife, Carolina as well as five boys; Jake, Logan, Josh, Lukas and Moses. I am passionate about building and connecting God’s Kingdom. My desire is to see the church of God multiplied in and throughout the church here in Charlotte and to the ends of the earth. In addition to serving the body of Christ you might find me listening to Hip Hop, watching the Panthers/Hornets and spending time with my family.
I would love to sit down and hear your story. Please email me to schedule a time to get together.
Pastor Jade Stanford
Jade received the salvation of Jesus Christ at the age of eight years old. By God’s grace, he has been drawing closer to Him ever since. He has served the body of Christ in many capacities through the years – altar boy, youth leader, worship pastor, deacon, Sunday school teacher, and elder.
Jade has been married to his wife, Jennifer, for sixteen years. They have six children, Claire, 20; Ethan, 14; Blythe, 13; Owen, 11; Evelyn, 9; and Phinehas, 6. Jade is the owner of Christian Brothers Automotive in Concord. He enjoys working out with his local F3 chapter, mountain biking, one-on-one date nights with his family, and serving others.
Pastor Ric Eddings
I began following Jesus Christ when I was 21 and it has been a great adventure ever since. In that time God has allowed me to serve Him in various ways, including as a Bible college teacher and a fulltime pastor. Now God in His sovereign grace has brought us to this wonderful family of believers called Convergence Church. My passion is to share the gospel message with unsaved people and to help the church understand the Bible. God has blessed me with a wonderful wife and partner in ministry, Crystal, and a wonderful son, Elijah. I enjoy watching movies but mostly I love just hanging out with my family.
WHO WE ARE
The word convergence is the act of moving toward unity. Together, we converge towards Christ!
We at Convergence Church seek to be a diverse group, unified in Christ, as we disciple one another and create new disciples together. We are a family of broken sinners who have been adopted by God the Father (John 1:12), redeemed and counted as righteous by our faith in the Glorious Savior Jesus Christ (Romans 4:5), and empowered by the Holy Spirit to live on mission for God. (Acts 1:8)
Though we didn’t start out with the intent of planting a church, by God’s Grace and provision, we have become one. Our church is a work-in- progress! We are seeking to both be led, and to be as faithful as we can to the Scriptures by the Spirit.
While our ultimate goal is for all to live a life pleasing to God, missions and discipleship are our primary ways of achieving that goal. With proper execution, these two points complement each other and through them, encourage us to be in a loving relationship with God, each other, and the communities in which God has placed us.
Ultimately, our desire is to be disciples who make disciples and to be a church who plants and partners with other local churches.
If you are interested in learning more, please email us at: email@example.com.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Convergence Church is built upon a vision and mission to impact our communities with the Gospel through Spirit-filled discipleship and fellowship. In order to protect the future of this vision and promote unity around it, we feel it is necessary to produce a concise Statement of Faith outlining the essentials and distinctives of Convergence Church.
The essentials are the “non-negotiables” on which we stand as Christians, making them crucial to the vision of the church. The distinctives are important doctrines which help form and shape the identity of Convergence Church. Therefore, a lack of unity in these doctrines is detrimental to carrying out our mission. We do ask that those who covenant with us would not be divisive about these things, but rather approach them in a spirit of unity, love, and submission.
Please read this document carefully and prayerfully. More than just a checklist of beliefs, this document attempts to capture our vision, and if you are to covenant with us, we want you to share the vision as well. If you have any differences or issues with any part of the stated beliefs below, we would be glad to discuss these things with you; just go to our Contact page and let us know!
1. God – There is one perfect, eternal God who created everything. He exists as three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Deut. 6:4; John 8:58; John 1:1; Matt. 3:16-17)
2. Man – God created mankind in His image for His glory. At creation, man and woman lived in a perfect relationship with God. However, they rejected God by disobeying Him. As a result, their sin earned eternal death and separation from God for themselves and all mankind. (Gen. 2-3)
3. Salvation – In God’s great love, His plan for reconciling sinful man to Himself was Jesus Christ. Jesus, who was fully God and fully man, accomplished our salvation through His perfect life, death, and resurrection. Through faith alone in Jesus alone, we are saved and have our relationship restored back to God. Our faith in Christ leads us to a life of repentance, turning away from sin to follow Jesus instead. (Gen. 3:15; Heb. 10:10; Eph. 2:8-10; 2 Pet. 3:9; Matt. 16:24)
4. Church – Once a person has been saved they are now a member of the church, God’s family. The church exists to bring Glory to God by making disciples and building His Kingdom. God’s mission is best accomplished when Christians are working together in unity through the local church, instead of in isolation. Once this mission is fulfilled, Jesus will return for His Church. (Rom. 8:15; 1 Cor. 12:13-20; Matt. 28:18-20; Heb. 10:24-25; Matt 24:14)
5. Scripture – All Scripture was given by inspiration of God through man and is without error. It is our ultimate authority, under which we all submit, and with which we edify one another. (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:21)
Convergence Church Distinctives
1. God – God the Father adopts us into His family. God the Son came not to be served but to serve. As adopted sons of God we are now called to serve as Jesus served, laying down our lives to serve Him as He has served us. We believe the Holy Spirit is active and working to empower God’s people. No single spiritual gift is evidence of salvation but is given by God for the edification of the Church and the furtherance of the Gospel.
2. Man – Because Man is born in sin, he is unable to do anything to save himself. Thus, it is a complete work of God to save man, and man can take no credit for his salvation.
3. Salvation – In God’s great mercy and love, He freely chooses whom He will save and seals their salvation for all eternity.
4. Church –
- Our priority at Convergence Church is fulfilling the Great Commission, to make disciples and build His Kingdom. We will accomplish this by obeying the Great Commandments, to love God and love our neighbors.
- Each member of the church has been uniquely gifted by God for the mission. Every person at Convergence Church is encouraged to give sacrificially of our time, talents and treasure to help advance the Gospel in every area of influence. We will seek to faithfully steward all provisions the Lord supplies, and everything we do, including our preferences, will be in submission to His Mission and to the “one-anothers” of Scripture.
- The church is not a building, rather it is a community of God’s people equipping one another to live on mission in everyday life. (Work, School, Home, etc.) To faithfully serve this model, the Convergence church body is highly encouraged to participate in a weekly Sunday gathering of all the saints, a bi-weekly discipleship group meeting, and weekly Missional Community meeting in which members invite their communities into life in Christ.
- Scripture instructs our regular meetings to include expository preaching and teaching of God’s Word, administering the Lord’s Supper, Baptism by immersion, music worship (not limited by style or instrumentation) as well as church discipline.
- Every member of the local body is responsible to address sin according to the Scriptures, in love and submission to one another, and under the guidance of the elders.
- Jesus Christ is the head of the church, and has given authority of leadership to a plurality of elders/pastors, who are affirmed by and accountable to the congregation. In addition, each member of Convergence church is competent for ministry and called to minister to one another through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Men and women are created equally and are shared recipients in the empowerment of the Spirit for ministry. The husband sacrificially leads his family in the home, and elders sacrificially lead the body in the church. The office of elder/pastor is restricted to men.
WHAT THE GOSPEL IS
The most important question you could ever ask is: What is the Gospel?
The gospel is the good news that God saves sinners. Man is by nature sinful and separated from God with no hope of remedying that situation. But God, by His power, provided the means of man’s redemption in the death, burial and resurrection of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
The word “gospel” literally means “good news.” But to truly comprehend how good this news is, we must first understand the bad news. As a result of the fall of man in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:6), every part of man—his mind, will, emotions and flesh—have been corrupted by sin. Because of man’s sinful nature, he does not and cannot seek God. He has no desire to come to God and, in fact, his mind is hostile toward God (Romans 8:7). God has declared that man’s sin dooms him to an eternity in hell, separated from God. It is in hell that man pays the penalty of sin against a holy and righteous God. This would be bad news indeed if there were no remedy.
But in the gospel, God, in His mercy, has provided that remedy, a substitute for us—Jesus Christ—who came to pay the penalty for our sin by His sacrifice on the cross. This is the essence of the gospel which Paul preached to the Corinthians. In 1 Corinthians 15:2-4, he explains the three elements of the gospel—the death, burial and resurrection of Christ on our behalf. Our old nature died with Christ on the cross and was buried with Him. Then we were resurrected with Him to a new life (Romans 6:4-8). Paul tells us to “hold firmly” to this true gospel, the only one which saves. Believing in any other gospel is to believe in vain. In Romans 1:16-17, Paul also declares that the true gospel is the “power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes” by which he means that salvation is not achieved by man’s efforts, but by the grace of God through the gift of faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Because of the gospel, through the power of God, those who believe in Christ (Romans 10:9) are not just saved from hell. We are, in fact, given a completely new nature (2 Corinthians 5:17) with a changed heart and a new desire, will, and attitude that are manifested in good works. This is the fruit the Holy Spirit produces in us by His power. Works are never the means of salvation, but they are the proof of it (Ephesians 2:10). Those who are saved by the power of God will always show the evidence of salvation by a changed life.
TEXT TO GIVE OPTION: Text the Word “ConvergenceNC” to 77977
or mail your offering to church office address:
8410 Pit Stop Ct NW #143 Concord, NC 28027